EMAN22.0 - released on 03/07/11
This is, the first formal release of EMAN 2.0. Please use this version (or a nightly snapshot) in preference to any of the earlier RCs (release candidates).
The EMAN2 binary and source downloads also include SPARX !
Please follow the installation instructions at:
EMAN2 includes many enhancements and new features, in addition to being stable enough for us to consider it an official release.
- Complete graphical workflow interface for single particle reconstruction and other tasks.
- First version of revamped single particle tomography, including a nice tomographic particle picking tool
- First version of support for using EMAN2 to seed Frealign refinements, and reincorporate the results.
- First version of a tool for random conical tilt reconstructions (though this lacks a GUI at present)
- Supports parallel processing via 3 different mechanisms: multiple threads on a single computer, flexible distributed model and MPI for use on shared supercomputers.
- Improved CTF correction, which can handle CTF fully automatically on ~95 % of images.
- Many other improvements, both subtle and profound :-)
Windows users - Please note that while we do our best to periodically test the windows release to make sure it's still functioning, it is far less well-tested than the linux/Mac releases. Please report any problems you encounter.
|Mac OS X 10.5|
|Mac OS X 10.6|